9.05.2009

Dork Alert!

Ok, I know that it is completely not normal for a 28 year old gal to get this excited about something so mundane, but check this out, I just found the most amazing way to get furniture indentations out of carpet! Yep, that's right, that's actually what I'm sitting here typing this post about at 9:13 on a Saturday morning- furniture indentations!
So we're shuffling rooms in our house all around to make way for the baby- selling furniture, moving furniture, etc., etc.....needless to say, we have LOTS of furniture indentations left in the wake of all of this moving, and they drive me NUTS! So I was reading online about how to get rid of these pests, and the method that looked easiest to me was the one I tried first- putting an ice cube on the indentation and then let it melt and then fluff it up- NOPE, don't even bother, totally doesn't work. I figured heat needed to be involved somehow, so I thought about trying out the 'ol clothes steamer we got for our wedding- OH MY GOSH, I can't even tell you how delighted I am with the results- it's like brand new carpet. Our steamer has a flat attachment to use on garments, so I took that off so that the little spout would pour out more concentrated amounts of steam rather than spreading it out. Worked like a charm- you just hold the steamer over the indentation and I could literally see the fibers rising before my eyes! Unbelievable- super fast, super easy, and if you don't have a steamer, seriously come borrow ours- it'll be worth the trip!

1 comment: